Monday 14 February 2011

Richard Sweeney's work

I decided to look at Richard Sweeney to find out what sort of work he did and the sort of techniques he uses and what I would be doing in the workshops. I like most of the brown paper work he has done more than the plain white and multi coloured creations. They seem more creative and have more of a shape to them and they look realistic contrasting to his other sculptures.



 The techniques in the use of the creations in the brown paper are more complex and dynamic. And show a use of real ability and care to create a unique product. It reminds me of the Roman Amphitheatre in Italy. (shown below)
 I like this product the most because it reminds me of the lazy boy chair which is amazing and it looks really similar. I like the repetitiveness of the triangles with them being equalateral triangles, isosceles, scalene and the occational square and rectangle. ( image of lazy boy chair below)

Richard sweeney has a vast body of work and this shows in my final image where a lot of techniques, shapes and shadows are created.

No comments:

Post a Comment