Tuesday 15 February 2011

Paper WorkShop 1

 Paper workshop one with richard sweeney was about manipulating the paper so that it became a 3D shape instead of a flat sheet of paper with a number of techniques creases, folds, rips and cut outs.


 In the worshop I found making the 3D shapes difficult it's not a strength of mine and it is deffinately something I need to work on in the future to make me more fimiliar with it.



 The shapes I created were simple enough the first one I did was the picture above where I folded the paper on it's front and then on it's back untill I got the to the end. I folded from the corner and after made a small incision on one of the corners and slotted it together to create a 3D shape.

To create the shadows I used my desk lamp in my room and moved it around my sculpture until I found the best angle to create a diffinitive shadow. I did this with each model.

No comments:

Post a Comment