Tuesday 15 February 2011

Paper Workshop 2 & 3

In workshops two and three to me started to cut out more and use scalpels to get more unique and abstract sculptures. The sculptures below were all cut witha scalpel and with some I used masking tape. I think in these workshops we had more freedom to do what we wanted and use what we wanted.





With this sculpture I wanted to make it stand up instead of having it lying down like so many of my others i folded back and forth to create a fan effect and then bent it in the middle with it not quite up right and lobsided it gives a tower of pisa aspect.


With this paper model I was going for a repetitive image with cut out squares almost like windows and the folded in and out folds make it similar to a building.


I started to get more used to making paper models in workshops two and three and think these are a lot stronger than the first workshop models maybe because i was able too use more equipment and experiment more.

No comments:

Post a Comment